Wednesday 19 January 2011

And roll around like marbles on the floor.



I apologise for my complete disappearance (yet again!) things have been so hectic recently, I just don't know where the time has gone. I started this post, well sometime near Christmas as I wanted to show you some of the beautiful things I received. Unfortunately, I was trying to do it quickly and took a bunch of really shite photos and haven't had the chance to re-shoot it. So I'm afraid I've stolen a few images to give you a better idea! 
I just wanted to make a quick mention of this lovely book my boyfriend's parents gave me - 'The Gentle Art of Quilt making'. 

Now I can't say quilting has ever held a particular interest for me, but this book is so beautifully shot and inspiring, I actually cannot wait to start making one! I've decided it's going to be my first project when we move into our new place, I'm really excited about sourcing materials. I've already warned the boyface that it will be 100% floral-y! I will do a more in depth post about the book, and about my progress when I start making it.

In other news, my Mum is knitting me a cardigan for my birthday! Admittedly I'm not convinced it will be finished by next week, but after realising my love for the Urban Outfitters cardigan that I keep harping on about, she started finding lot of different cardigan patterns to try and make me one in a very similar style - she really is wonderful! I still haven't shown you my awful attempt at knitting my boyfriend a stocking for Christmas. I was pretty bad at it, but I really did enjoy knitting. I think I'm going to try and get myself some sock patterns to attempt.  I'm currently planning to launching another giveaway on my birthday, it just seemed appropriate, so please do keep an eye out for that.

x


4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind having a go at quilt making! I'm really getting into crafts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely presents you recieved! looking forward to seeing your quilt making process! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilt making has intrigued me off late. I love floral ones. One day I will fashion one myself : )
    Thanks for the giveaway with Crown and Glory btw. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that book looks beautiful! I have another of Jane Brockets books, Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer. It has no photographs but its still so interesting, all the recipes are from children's fiction. I would really recommend it.

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I read them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails