Saturday 19 June 2010

Muted Beauty







I wanted to introduce you to one of my unshakable influences, Wendy Bevan. I actually came across her work about a year ago, in Muse magazine. Her Freak Show series (images 2 and 3) absolutely captivated me, in a way the blurred quality of the image was similar to that which I was using in a project at the time, but her work just has a beauty, grace and quality not evident in my own work. I've continued to follow her photo shoots in magazines and on her facebook page, and her work continues to inspire me. If I could take a photograph half as striking as any of these, I would be a happy lady. I've spent the majority of the last year shooting in black and white, but re-discovering these images has reminded me how much I need to return to my quest to achieve beautiful muted colours. Don't hold me to it, but I believe Bevan predominantly shoots using Polaroid. I keep hoping she might release a book, as I have a real 'thing' for photography publications - I'll let you know if she does. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I read them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails