Thursday 8 July 2010

Caseprint







I wanted to introduce you to the rather wonderful world of illustrations by Miss Anna Casey.

I consider myself particularly lucky in personally knowing the lady in question and there are very few people I consider to be as creative as she! (I still have a ceramic espresso cup in the shape of a light bulb, adorning my shelf that I guilted her into giving me because I loved it so!)

Having recently graduated from the University College of Falmouth studying Illustration, Anna predominately works with stencils and monoprints, favouring black and white tonal work. She exquisitely draws with a knife to create poignant and striking imagery, that despite being bold in impact retain a delicacy. I absolutely love the first image I've used here, the contradiction between the rabbit and the fine feathery leaves is beautiful. She also has a wonderful book cover design for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on her website.

If you would like to see more of Anna's work- and trust me, I think you do - please click here.
And for all your illustratory needs, feel free to contact her here.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I read them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails