Wednesday 28 July 2010

Outfit Wednesday

This amazing 1950's style, floral dress is from Orion London. I happened to chance upon it in Topshop, Westfields (one of Orion's stockists) and instinctively wanted to purchase it for my Graduation! It's a little on the pricey side, so I didn't, but if I had - this is the outfit I envisaged to accompany it! I don't think Orion's photos truly do the dress justice, as the ditsy print and double breasted button detailing make for a great modern dress with a vintage feel. It's fairly conservative making it the perfect day to night transition dress, just altered with accessories (for instance, I think it would look great with a vintage, beaten leather belt and some slouchy brown boots for day wear!).

Here I've teamed it with Miss Selfridge Nude Seam Platforms (£40), Models Own nail varnish in either Peach Sherbert or True Blue - depending on your mood, though I would probably lean towards the Peach Sherbert ( Topshop did have the perfect cornflower blue shade, but it no longer seems to be on their website!) and I actually loved the dress so much, I tailor made a necklace to go with the outfit.

Annabelle is a small antique silver locket with floral engraving, hung with a small heart charm, a large dark indigo Swarovski crystal and two small peach Swarovski crystals. Originally I had designed it with a lighter blue crystal similar to the colour in the dress, however, the darker blue really brought out the peach shades and I think it will make more of an impact with the dress, not getting so lost in the pattern.

I'll post a link to Annabelle when it reaches the website.
I hope you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I read them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails