Monday 16 August 2010

REVIEW: Crown and Glory


REVIEW: Crown and Glory

"Crown&Glory was born in 2010 from a love of all things that adorn barnettes. Inspired by nature, fashion and art, Crown&Glory hair pieces are handmade and created with love and care."

The lovely Miss Sophie King, creator and maker of Crown and Glory, and I went to University together and both have a habit of lusting after each others creations. Sadly we are both currently clinging to the lower end of the food chain of post-University unemployment (consequently, if you'd like to employ us, please email....) we're rarely able to justify purchasing the pretty things we desire.

However it suddenly dawned upon us (Sophie) that it wasn't uncommon among the blogging/creative community to take part in a product swap. (Huzzah, pretty things!) Anyway, things had been a little hectic, and I'd partly forgotten our arrangement until this beautiful parcel was catapulted through my letter box!

If you hadn't realised, I'm a sucker for packaging and this simply ticked all the boxes!

Sophie had sent me an adaptation piece from her new Peaseblossom Collection. I absolutely loved the Luella hair clip, but had a greater preference for the flowers on the Orlaith headband. As much as I'm drawn to headbands, I have a fairly abnormally large head, which can make wearing headbands for any length of time somewhat painful. She used two varying flowers in the cornflower blue to create two different clips, which allows me greater freedom to play around with how I wear them. They're both on substantial silver-tone metal clips, guarenteeing that they will stay firmly attached to your hair all day, regardless of windy weather! And I have to say, as well as with every other piece I own of the Crown and Glory range, I simple love them, they're so easy to wear.

(I appologise for the poor head shots, self portraiture has never been my thing.)

Crown and Glory have their own blog, can be followed on Facebook and Twitter and sell via Folksy and BigCartel.

If you would like your product reviewed, or would be interested in taking part in a product swap, please email me here

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment, I read them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails